Thursday, January 29, 2009

Leaky Leaky Pipes.

Oh old houses don't you just love them . . . . . . . Josh and I have discovered a leak in our pipes that goes to our tub downstairs, so we tore off the tub surround and can I just say yuck! It was all moldy and wet, so we tore everything out. My brother Kris came down to help us with the wiring, he is so very good at stuff like that he can explain anything to me and it even makes sense so you know he's that good. But he and Josh had fun learning all of the 'wonderful' things that the previous owners did. Such as there's three walls where there should only be one, and there is a door from my tub to my living room, there's a old window that's next to the tolite that goes to the closet in the hall, and my favorite thing is that we don't have fluffy instulation, that's too normal, we have dirt, hard, packed, black dirt inbetween our studs that go to the outside. Now I guess this is understandable after all that part of the house was built in 1910 so that I'll forgive. In the pictures you can see the plaster boards that cover the whole room, the three types of wall paper. We are working on it and when it's done we'll have those pic on here too.

No comments: