Saturday, March 28, 2009

NINE MONTHS!

WOW! It's so hard for me to believe that I had Dylan nine months ago. In the last little bit he has accomplished TONZ! He now can clap his hands, he jabbers like nobodies business, and he is getting very close to walking. He actually took a step last week without holding on to anything. He lunged forward and grabbed my pant leg and stood there so big. He now has got three teeth and another one coming threw any day. He has mastered the art of crawling, and pulling himself up on everything and then two days ago when I was bathing him he taught himself about the difference in the hot and cold water, and how when you mix them it's better. He would pull himself up to look at himself in the reflection of the tub spout. And he saw something really shiny and had to reach for it. Of course it was the hot water, so he got on his tippy toes and reached for it then turned it on and the water started coming out. At first it scared him and he fell down on his bum, and just stared at the water flowing into the tub. So I shut it off told him no and to sit on his bum. Well a minute later he was back up and he had the cold knob this time. He turned it on and the water came out then he shut it off and went for the hot one again. So eventually he was standing up like a pro with a knob in each hand turning them on together, then one and the other. I sat him back down cuz at this time I was just giggling at him then he thought it was funny. He stood back up grabbing the spout this time, and pulling up the thing that turns the shower on. With a hand on it and the other on the knob he turned that thing and knew just what it would do. But as you know with that thing pulled up it didn't come out the spout, it came out right on top of his head! He sat down and just kept looking up at the water like what are you doing that's not how this is supposed to work. Then he looked at me and I was laughing by this point, and he started to cry. It was so funny! I shut off the water and the shower. Hugged him and then he sat back down now that everything was under control and did it again, only this time he thought that it was funny no longer scary. I should have grabbed the camcorder but I didn't dare leave him and if I took him out he would throw a fit. So I'm just telling you all of this experience and I'm sure you can see it for yourself, in your mind.

2 comments:

gInA dEntOn said...

What a cute little guy!! I can't believe he's already 9 months old. It seems like he was just born. They grow up so fast. It sounds like he's going to be smart a smart little guy. Enjoy all these little fun things that he does, the next couple months will be full of them.
-Gina

Unknown said...

What a cute little boy! They just get funner and funner. I love the ages of 2 and 3. Cherish every moment because if you blink, he will be all grown up.